Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Love Never Fails.

The greatest gift I ever received was being in the family I am in. Could I have picked a better family?! I couldn't imagine. Sarah drove down from Utah with Naomi on Wednesday. We of course had plenty of work for her to do once she got into town. She is so Utah chic now! We went shopping and found some good Pre-Black Friday deals. Ben arrived at 2am! Thursday morning. Mama and I had been staying up for the past few nights until about 3 watching Netflix and "cleaning the house" that it didn't seem too out of the ordinary for us to pick him up. Mama also remembered that we needed to drop some library books off for donation so we made that part of our errands in the middle of the night. Once we got Benny we didn't go to bed. We stayed up until about 4 talking and laughing, catching up since the last time we had been together. Jonny thought for a moment these people are crazy! But then again, this is how we have always been and thought maybe he was the odd one out!

Thanksgiving came too quickly. Grandam Cleta and Papa Al brought Gran down and stayed until Sunday. We invited some family friends to dinner and Sami and Beckett came too. I had invited the missionaries over and I am sure they left with funny stories to tell home about this wild bunch from New Mexico. Elder Gomez and Elder Faughton, of course prepared a lesson for us. After about 5 minutes of trying to get us all to hush up so they could teach us Elder Gomez started talking about the blessings we receive are from Heavenly Father and around this time we reflect on how to give thanks to Him and to our family and friends around us. While he as speaking and everyone was quiet Gran had to ask a question as she always does with perfect timing. She said, "That's an Indian boy idanit?" After ALL of us busted out in laughter, including Elder Gomez, Grandma Cleta raised her voice to say "No, he is Hawaiian!" Elder Gomez was sure to say he was thankful for us and that comment!

The next day we went Black Friday Shopping but of course we didn't leave the house until 10. We got some good stuff but the best thing I got was the next day. Aunt Lisa had come down because Nathan had gone through the temple and we had a little party at our house afterwards. She brought me into my room and said she had a gift for us girls. I got the prettiest rose gold necklace with a rose pendant on it. Wow! Am I the favorite or what!? I loved it and I LOVE Aunt Lisa. How did I get so lucky??

The saddest part of the weekend came on Sunday. Sarah and Ben made their way back home and we were separated again. We didn't even get a picture together! Now that in 2 weeks Nathan will make his way off to being a missionary and in 30 days I will be headed to Utah our family will be apart for a few years and maybe, hopefully, some added members will be at the airport as well to greet him after his service!

When I think about that I think about us all living in different towns and our kids not being as close to their cousins as we are it makes me sad but then I remember that we never lived close to our cousins. That we decided a long time ago that we loved each other and distance wouldn't force us to not know each other. A friend once asked me why I spend so much time with my family when, to her, we could just be together one day in Heaven. I responded that I knew some members wouldn't make it so I was going to have Heaven on Earth with the people I loved the most. She didn't quite understand but that thought truly does break my heart. I wish we all would make better decisions and grow toward the goal of being together in an Eternal Family and with our Father in Heaven. I know everyone has to make this choice on their own but I wish that they would realize the blessings they have are really extraordinary.

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return."
                                                                                                                     - Moulin Rouge

No comments:

Post a Comment