Monday, October 24, 2011

"After all, tomorrow is another day."

I finally watched Gone with the Wind and can I tell you how much I loved it!


I loved the southern culture.
I loved the war and history.
I loved that people were drawn to Scarlett's attitude and ambition.
I loved the importance of self-reliance.
I loved the Mammy.
I loved that Melanie loved Scarlett so much. No matter what.
I loved that Ashley symbolized the Old South.
I loved that Rhett symbolized the New South.
The struggle of tradition and trying to survive the new era was evident in both.
I loved the southern belles.
I loved how money meant you had power. That Scarlett was scandalous for knowing that she needed it even if it was to save Tara.
I loved that Bonnie loved her mother. Even if she wasn't the best suited for the job.
I loved that Rhett Butler always complimented Scarlett's unladylike behavior.
I loved that alcohol was abused by everyone. And that it made everything worse.
I loved RHETT BUTLER.
I loved that blackmail, deceit, and prostitution drove peoples decisions.
I loved the importance of the land. That the story began and ended with Tara.
I loved how Scarlett was ahead of her time. She was brilliant, a go-getter, and confident.
I loved that Scarlett was distracted by someone that ended up never loving her and she never loved him. Once she realized that she loved Rhett the whole time it was too late. He left.
I loved that Rhett loved her daughter Bonnie so much. When she died he couldn't let it go. Scarlett's child like behavior would always remind him of Bonnie. That was too much for him to handle.

This movie made me realize who I want to be. What I want to become. What I want to be remembered for.
I want to be determined. To win at what I do. To be the best.
I want to be confident and not care what others say about me or what I do.
I want to love the people in my life with all that I have.
I want to be independent.
I want to let the people that care most about me in my life.
I want to be a survivor.
I never want to forget where I came from.
And frankly, my dear,
I want to make my own love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment