Friday, September 9, 2011

Happy Campers

A few weeks ago a group of us had gone to go camping and trying to get our group of friends organized is, to put it simple, an act of congress but I did it. It did turn out to be disaster after disaster.

1. Almost too many people were going which makes things not as fun.
2. When we got to the lake to camp it was closed because of near by fires.
3. We decided to go to the Jemez to camp but it would take us about an hour and a half to get there.
4. Once we got there we couldn't find a camp ground.
5. The hotdogs we made were burnt.
6. I am surprised I didn't freeze to death after the worst night of my life.
7. Woke up the the forest ranger 'bout to write us tickets for camping in a Day Camp but we looked like good kids and let us pack up and leave.

All and all I still had a great time with friends but Solon decided before the summer was over we needed to go camping. Real camping. The kind of camping men plan. So I said have at it. This was the results.

1. We were all left in the dark about when we were leaving. About an hour before we left we were notified where to meet.

2. Some of the people that would have come had been taking their Sunday naps and didn't wake up in time to catch the ride out of town.

3. When we were getting our "food" at the gas station we were told about the raging party that was happening at the Canyon next weekend. We'll have to definitely get back for that! ;)

4. When we got there, Solon forgot the guitar so we just sang songs and played my "awful" music from my iPod.

5. Joe mad a bomb fire like a real man.

6. Pam and I were toasty warm most of the night and woke up to a pleasant temperature.

7. We made it in and out of the canyon with just a few mishaps but nothing like a few prior experiences.

8. As much as I want to admit it, it was better that the time before but I don't think it's because "men" planned it.

No comments:

Post a Comment