Sunday, September 18, 2011

Off the Beaten Path

It's early Friday morning and Solon, Pam and I are off to Provo.. or at least we thought we were. It was really early and I hadn't gotten much sleep the night before and ended up driving the WRONG WAY to Utah. What was wrong with me?! I was headed to Grandma's I guess. So after a rough start, Solon took the drivers seat and we were headed for Utah! Just a few hours later than we had planed but luckily Solon and Pam didn't mind too much and found more amusement in teasing me over the situation 
rather than getting mad.


While on our way Solon had always wanted to stop and check out the cave at the base of this rock formation. After putting us back 3 hours how could I say no?! So we headed toward it. Little did I know that the road to the rock wasn't meant for little cars like mine! Off-roading to get to it is a bit of an understatement but we managed to get there without getting stuck. Muddy but not stuck! 




 I happened to have a flashlight so we could really investigate this cave. That wasn't necessary though. This is hardly a cave but it was a fun little side adventure to finally put our curiosity to rest.

I thought while we were on adventures to places we had never checked out we might stop at the Hole 'N Rock that I have passed over 100 times. Sadly I can't say we stopped. Like I always say.. Maybe next time.





These windmills are so creepy! Don't ask me why but every time I pass by them they just give me the hebbie-jeebies!



We love this place! We always try and make it to this restaurant while we are in Provo and this time we did! We order the same thing every time too. Why mess up a good thing. We were so hungry I am sure we would have loved it no matter how it tasted.


By the time we were done eating we were so tired from being in the car for 15 hours. We were going to stay at Solon's aunt and uncles house but couldn't get ahold of them. We decided to stay at the Super 8. I can't remember if it is a hotel or a motel so I will just call it that!





We made it to the bookstore too! I bought two really cute shirts with the help of Sarah. There is so much stuff too look at and too many decisions to be made for me to pick what to buy so I recruited her help. Now I have options for our football Saturdays!

 We also gave Sarah a new nickname on this trip. "Coy" showed us J Dawgs. A local hotdog joint that was founded by a BYU Business student. Coy and Diva chowed down while Peter Pam and I held out for something tastier. 







We held out for In-N-Out. Just as we thought it hit the spot!



After this we were in a food coma. Diva in the back acting just as his name describes as we decide what to do next.
 We had a few hours to kill and so I suggested that we go see a movie. I knew about the new Ryan Gosling movie Drive that just came out and suggested we see it. That is literally all I knew about the movie. Wow! This movie was definitely rated R for a reason but it was so good! If you're into that kind of movie then I really suggest you go see it. I wanna go again!

 We met a few friends for dinner before the game. Zupas is a soup and sandwich place and it was good and the company was better! Michael Castle and Megan Hardy met us there and then we were off to the game!


The stadium looked a little different than the last time we were there. They painted the two pillars blue and added the Y. Looks good!




A few of our friends couldn't come to the game so we had Diva scalp the tickets. He did a great job!
 Aren't we the cutest BYU fans in the stadium! We were completely surrounded by Ute fans and Coy and I were about to go buck on them! As the game went on more and more BYU fans were flooding out of the stadium. Our cougars lost pretty badly but we stayed until the very end. RISE UP!



The second night we stayed at Aunt Kathy's. It's like having a hotel room there! It is so nice and we appreciate it when we can stay there. We will be up a few more times before the football season is over!







On the way home we were making good time(maybe we were just jaded by how long it took us to get there) so we decided to stop at a restaurant in Moab to eat lunch. Pasta Jay's was so good!
 I thought that I would try to stop at this arch on the way home, too. When we had passed it on the way there was a family leaving the arch. Those kids looked like they were having so much fun and I wanted to join in! We passed this for the second time but I am going to make sure we stop the next time we go up!


I had such a fun time even if the cougars lost by sooo much. Seeing Sarah was such a blast and Pam and Solon are the best travel companions even if I was banished to the back seat for the rest of the trip. In a couple months we will be having just as much fun as we did this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment