Monday, May 2, 2011

Boom, Boom... Owww!

While my mama is away she asked that I go to the bank and deposit some checks that she had. I told her that I would and that I would go when I had my lunch break from work. 


I was so busy at lunch I almost forgot! I grabbed some food and got a car wash but still had enough time to go to the house, pick up the checks and get to the bank. I did what I had to and went on my way back to work. 


I was at a red light and my hair was really bothering me. I remembered that I had some bobbie-pins in my purse and went digging for them. Out of the corner of my eye, I was the car next to me ease up. I took that as the light turned green. WRONG!  I hit right into the back of a red 4-runner. Just my luck, but wait it gets better...


Because I had been fixing my hair the visor was down and the mirror cover was opened. When I had hit the car, and because I wasn't using a seat belt, the visor hit me directly on the eye. This would happen! I get out of the car to talk to the other driver and guess what, she's pregnant! About 6 months. She was really sweet and wasn't mad at all. She was worried about me and asked if I had passed out or something. I almost wish that was the case because that would be less embarrassing! Her car was slightly dented from where my hood must have hit her door and she had a hitch that busted through my plastic bumper.


All in all this could have been way worse! You all know my driving record isn't spotless and at least I can say I wasn't DWT (Driving While Texting). My eye is a little swollen but no sign of a black eye yet. We will see if she even calls this into the insurance company! 

No comments:

Post a Comment