Tuesday, May 17, 2011

If It Ain't Broke, Ben Will Fix It!


Sunday.
My brother, being helpful as usual, decided to check my car out and make sure everything was working right. He noticed that a plug had fallen loose and plugged it back in for me. I suggested that we start the car and see if any alerts went off after doing that. Guess what?! Doesn't start. Ben unplugs the cord and it still doesn't start. Coincidence? That's a controversial question in our house now but the mechanic said he didn't do it. Half the computer broke somehow and that's why it wouldn't start. Likely story...

Monday.
I drive the Little Red Express to work. My boss, Gay, thinks that it's hysterical that I am driving it and is a bit jealous. She said she had just bought a truck like it at an auction that weekend and while driving up wondered why it was at the office..

Tuesday.
I go over to my friend Chelsea's house for some fun after work. We had a great time just hanging out with friends and when I go to leave the pickup is stuck in the gravel. I can't get out! I call my brother's for help of course. Nathan said the funnest thing!
 -"I don't mind being the hero. I'll always rescue the damsel in distress, I just with the damsel wasn't always my sister."

They are too good to me. While waiting for them I decide to continue to try to get the pickup out of the rocks. After 10 minutes or so and all the gravel was flung out of there, I hit the dirt and out I went. I think Chelsea had to fix it in the morning but I am never parking there again!

Wednesday.
I meet up with my Dad and brothers for lunch. I get so much attention from this car, it's embarrassing. While at the light a lady in a minivan gave me the thumbs up and a big cheeser in approval of my vehicle.

Thursday.
I have gone to the gas station everyday since I have had the pick up. Maybe this is payback for all the times I have ran out of gas before... But this man, who would have sold me alcohol with a school ID, said that I had a "badass truck" and wanted to know the engine size and year. Does it look like I would purchase such a vehicle for myself?!

I meet up with my friend Aly at her salon so she can do her hair. I left the lights on and the pick up was dead. She had to drive me home and early the next morning my brothers would jump it.

Friday.
My car is done-zo. However, they have to reset the new computer but their internet is down. Just my luck, so I had to wait until Monday. Couldn't they tow it to freakin' Starbucks!?

Well after a week of car trouble and $900 dollars later, I finally got my car back and boy do I appreciate it more now. Not that I didn't appreciate my Daddy's pickup but it's nice driving around a car that is better on gas mileage and gets up to speed in a jiffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment