Monday, May 2, 2011

Did You Hear Something?!

So, this weekend my mama and brothers left town. Nathan had a doctors appointment in Dallas to hopefully clear him after his hip surgery a few months back. Ben also had a big adventure ahead of him as he was off to Florida for film school. He had been taking a few online courses before he moved and this was the perfect opportunity for Mama to take them both. I am super jealous I couldn't go with them because of school and work but I will visit soon!


They left on a Sunday and I had gone to my friend Chelsea's house to make some cookies. Everyone was asking me if I had someone staying with me while they were out of town and I thought that was ridiculous. My mama didn't raise no scaredy-cat and I was an adult. I didn't need anyone to watch me!


I went home around 11:30 or 12 and got into bed. I was sitting up and heard in the back yard what sounded to be a car. I immediately freaked out! I ran to the bathroom and opened the window a crack and peaked out. Just enough to see out but hopefully so that "they" wouldn't see me. Sure enough there was a truck driving around. I ran to the front door to catch a glimpse of the license plate. It looked white but the truck looked like my sister, Sami's. I ran and locked both doors as I called her, hoping that that was the case and that I might sleep easy after being so terrified! 


She answered and it was her. I had caught her leaving me a love note on my car for me to find in the morning. How sweet! It read:
"I love you. You are a better sister than I deserve" -Baby

I can't believe in the 2 minutes this had all taken place, I realized that my mama had raised a scaredy-cat! 

I love my family! I wish we weren't all over the country now that we are all going up. Sarah in Utah, Ben in Florida, and Nathan to soon be on a mission. I cherish the times we have together and can't wait for some vacation time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment